Check out this link for an interesting comparision of different doses of radiation. Was created shortly after the Fukushima disaster – read the additional notes here http://blog.xkcd.com/2011/04/26/radiation-chart-update/
Monthly Archives: February 2013Link
Year 12 Physics Students:
Download this document and save it to your personal files. PhET Nuclear Fission Inquiry Lab Follow the instructions. Type your answers directly in to the document. Email your completed document to Mr McGregor.
Once finished, look at this applet about alpha decay and half life.
Then you can ‘play’ with some of the other simulations on the PhET website.
Click the following link to access the answers to the worksheet issued on 20th February.
Good afternoon Gentlemen,
Today we are learning about:
How current is different in series and parallel circuits
Your main task is to use an online applet to complete the worksheet.
- Go to this website: http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/circuit-construction-kit-dc
- Click ‘download’ and then open the applet
- Create the circuits in the applet, and write your results on the worksheet
- Once you have completed the worksheet, show it to Mr McGregor
Once you have completed all of the questions on the worksheet, you can:
- Enjoy playing with the circuit, and see what sort of circuits you can make
- Go to this website to test your knowledge http://www.andythelwell.com/blobz/ Can you get 5 stars and earn the bonus?
Until the worksheet is complete you should be only doing the circuits listed on the worksheet!